May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month
Choose a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or higher, is water resistant, and provides broad-spectrum coverage, which means it protects you from UVA and UVB rays. Follow these helpful tips when selecting a sunscreen.
- Apply sunscreen generously before going outdoors. It takes approximately 15 minutes for your skin to absorb the sunscreen and protect you. If you wait until you are in the sun to apply sunscreen, your skin is unprotected and can burn.
- Apply enough sunscreen to cover all exposed skin. Most adults need about 1 ounce or enough to fill a shot glass — to fully cover their body. Rub the sunscreen thoroughly into your skin.
- Apply sunscreen to all bare skin. Remember your neck, face, ears, tops of your feet and legs. For hard‐to‐reach areas like your back, ask someone to help you or use a spray sunscreen. If you have thinning hair, either apply sunscreen to your scalp or wear a wide‐brimmed hat. To protect your lips, apply a lip balm with a SPF of at least 15.
- To remain protected when outdoors, reapply sunscreen every two hours, or immediately after swimming or sweating. People who get sunburned usually didn’t use enough sunscreen, didn’t reapply it after being in the sun, or used an expired product. Your skin is exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays every time you go outside, even on cloudy days and in the winter. Whether you are on vacation or taking a brisk fall walk in your neighborhood, remember to use sunscreen!
Phone or Text 765-434-0416
Choice Awards SPF 30 Sunscreen from IMAGE
Daily, oil-free and broad-spectrum UVA/UVB critical wavelength high sun protection, mattifying moisturizer. Incorporates micro-sponge technology to absorb surface oils and leaves skin with a matte, shine-free finish. Contains a next generation blend of antioxidants as free radical scavengers to decrease damaging effects of the sun and environmental exposures.
Spend $150 on any IMAGE Skin Care and receive this great bag FREE!
Three Ways to Simplify
Your Morning Routine
Raise your hand if you tend to hit the snooze button each morning, leaving yourself with just 10 minutes to put on your face. Or maybe you’re a new mom and need to pare down your morning routine. Or maybe you’re simply a minimalist when it comes to makeup and tend to rely on very few products. Whatever category you fit in, simplifying your morning makeup routine is quick and easier than you think when you focus on products that multi-task and assist with protecting, hydrating, treating and repairing. Here are three ingenious products to help you do just that:
One of the fastest shortcuts you can take during a time-crunched morning is to combine moisturizer, foundation and sunscreen in one quick step! Prevention Daily Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 is lightweight, sheer and contains the physical sunscreen zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, making it ideal for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. Use alone as a combined moisturizer and makeup or layer under foundation for extra coverage. A specialized formula helps to protect and minimize the effects from environmental aggressors, including sun exposure and pollution. The formula is oil-free, paraben free and contains a universal tint to add a touch of glow and even out all skin tones.
Give one of your focal-point features some extra attention and you can get away without wearing much makeup! As a bonus, you can use lip products as a highlighter by applying 1-2 dabs on the apples of the cheeks (just make sure you use very little to avoid feeling sticky). The Ormedic Lip Gloss Lip Enhancing Complex can be used day and night to hydrate and minimize the appearance of fine lines. This also complements and assists in maintaining the visible results from professional dermal fillers. Avocado oil, rich in vitamin E, hydrates dry lips. With use over time, thanks to a specialized peptide complex, lip contours appear stable and repaired.
Foundation may seem like an extra step, but if you use one that delivers maximum coverage in one fell swoop, you can skip concealer and other correctors. Also, foundation can add another layer of skin protection against environmental exposure. I Beauty Conceal Flawless Foundation SPF 30 is a lightweight, illuminating and water-resistant formula that is ideal for all skin types. The formula is so concentrated that it can be used as a concealer on strategic places including under eyes, around the nose or on existing acne scars or dark spots. You can also mix a drop with eye cream to create an eyelid base. This foundation helps minimize the appearance of:
- Acne-prone and acne scarred skin
- Bruising and scarring from post-cosmetic injections
I Beauty Conceal mixes soothing, calming botanic, including japonica flower extract, with an oxygenating formula to impart coverage while allowing skin to breathe. Physical sunscreens zinc oxide and titanium dioxide offer broad-spectrum protection against photo-damage, squalene hydrates while also balancing oil production and a peptide complex adds an anti-aging benefit.
With these three products, you can get yourself looking fresh and alive in just mere minutes. It turns out, you can beat time!
Free in June with $150 purchase of IMAGE Products either on line or at a show. Contact me for more information.
Skin Care with IMAGE image skincare best skin care products